Comparative Sculpture Lesson Plan
3. Strategies & Procedures
Students will be shown examples of sculpture:
- Allen Memorial Art Museum's
- Michelangelo's Pieta
- St. Sebastian
- Seated Amida Nyorai (Amitabha Buddha)
- Sample project
Students will discuss the similarities and differences between each sculpture.
Students will explore the possibility of staying overnight at the Allen Memorial Art Museum.
Students will create their own miniature sculpture:
- Choose between sculpting "Angel" or Buddha.
- In pencil, draft several thumbnail sketches of sculpture subject.
- For each sculpture, 1-2 ounces Crayola Model Magic is needed.
- Using the additive process, begin modeling final sketch into a three-dimensional form (from supplied modeling clay).
- Allow 24 hours for finished sculptures to dry completely.
- Attach dried sculpture to wood base using white glue.
- Paint if desired.
Continue to: 4. Assessment & Closure