Two structures were built behind the Carpenter Block, numbers 12 and 14 South Main. Number 12 was an alley prior to the fire. After the fire, the alley was enclosed into the new building with a partition wall on the interior and an entrance on South Main. The first business here was Mr. Angle's grocery, in the 1920s the partition was removed and the space was incorporated into Ohly’s Drug Store.
Number 14 has a similar history, it was incorporated into #5 West College in 1941.