This three-story building is the only structure in town that has had the same owner and the same first floor business since it was built. The Gibson brothers had a candy and peanut stand on a sidewalk lot on South Main until 1901 when they were forced to close it. They then bought this lot from Richard Brown who had a peanut and shoeshine stand on the lot with a sign that read, "Brown, Jesus & Company." The Gibson’s operated their business from Mr. Brown’s stand until they demolished it and built this building in 1905. With its modern 1930s black vitrolite storefront, this building has been important part of Oberlin’s 20th century commercial development. From 1907 to 1910 Oberlin’s first silent movies were shown on the second floor.