355 East Lorain St.


In the mid 1950's a group of college students formed a Unitarian Fellowship with Professor Warren Taylor as their advisor. Some local members of The Religious Society of Friends and local Unitarians soon joined this group and met together regularly for worship. The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Oberlin was recognized by the national association on May 25,1960. This was an active group that invited renowned speakers. A house at 92 Spring St. was bought and served as a church till it was sold in 1979. For a while the adults met in Wilder Hall on the college campus and a First Day school (Sunday School) for children was held in a room in the Co-op Bookstore. From 1987 to 1996 the Fellowship met in historic Grange Hall at 40-1/2 South Main Street, and from 1996 to 2001 it met at the Masonic Temple on North Main Street. From 2001 to August, 2012 it met at the Early Childhood Center, 317 East College Street, before purchasing the former Parsons Dairy at 355 East Lorain Street, in which it now meets. It is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations in North America-Ohio-Meadville District.

Visit the Oberlin Unitarian Universalist Fellowship on the web at http://www.ouuf.org.

Click here to return to "Churches of Oberlin".