What are Reserve Materials?
Course reserve items are required or recommended readings or films shared by all members of a class. Each campus library has a reserve
collection at the circulation desk. Reserve materials have short loan periods to insure that all students have equal access.
What is on reserve?
- Search OBIS by course or by professor/instructor.
- Many professors provide reading materials in Blackboard.
What if the item I need is checked out?
Ask the desk attendant to place the item on "Do Not
Renew." While we don't hold reserve items for specific borrowers, this
will prevent the item from being renewed by the current borrower for 15
minutes after it is returned.
Borrowing Reserve Materials
- Anyone with a valid Oberlin College ID may borrow reserve materials.
- We limit you to a total of two reserve items at any time, no matter at which library you checked them out.
- Circulation supervisors can extend borrowing privileges to courtesy borrowers who are enrolled in the class or obtain written permission from the instructor.
Reserve policies are meant to ensure the greatest access to class materials to the greatest number of students.
Art Library reserve loan periods are 3 hours. Some
materials are limited to in library use only, but most circulate
overnight. Reserve materials have high overdue fines, so ALWAYS
determine the exact date and time reserve materials are due before you
leave the reserve counter.
You may renew an item if no other patron has requested a
"Do Not Renew" hold on it. If there is a hold, you must wait 15 minutes
before you may check it out again. Reserve materials cannot be renewed
online; you must renew in person at the circulation desk.
Overdue notices are emailed several times a day; contact the library as soon as possible if you believe our records are incorrect.
Overdue fines are $2.00 per hour, per item.
Our goal is to encourage you to remember to return materials on time so
that all members of your class will have access to the material.
More about fines.
Ask at the circulation desk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.