Schedule a Research Instruction Session
Librarians at Oberlin College are eager to support the research needs of your students and to work with you to help your students become more savvy users of information and more confident researchers.
What We Offer:
- consultation on designing effective library research assignments
- hands-on database searching sessions in library computer labs
- hands-on experiences with archival materials and items in special collections
- customized presentations - in your classroom or ours - on discipline-specific research tools and methodologies, evaluating sources, etc.
- brief, targeted talks on specific resources or strategies, e.g.:
- finding scholarly articles beyond JSTOR or Google
- getting up to speed in top databases for the discipline
- finding primary source materials
- effective searching in OBIS/OhioLINK/WorldCat
- using Web of Knowledge for cited reference searching
- using citation managers like RefWorks or RefMe
Contact a Librarian:
We can discuss the research needs or information literacy goals of your course, review potential content and activities for a session, and decide on the appropriate
timing. Presentations and research labs are most effective when scheduled to coincide with due dates and students' workflow.
Not sure who to call?