- if you plan to show a film in class we recommend that you put it on reserve
- films are housed at the circulation desks in the owning libraries
- films are for individual and classroom use in accordance with the Interim Policy on Showing Videos and Films at Oberlin College
- some films are purchased with public performance rights available
- contact Allison Gallaher if you have questions about showing films outside the classroom on campus
- Audio Visual Services (775-8757) schedules and distributes portable display equipment to classrooms
- for technical assistance, call the AV Help Line 775-8953 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Public Performance Rights
Some videos in library collections are purchased with public performance rights. These additional rights allow, without further contact with the film distributor, showings that are open to the public and may be advertised on and off-campus, including on the web. Under no circumstances may admission be charged for such public performance showings. Public performance rights are noted in the corresponding OBIS catalog records for these films.
View a list of films for which we retain rights.
Contact Allison Gallaher if you have questions about showing films from the library collections to groups on campus.