Snacks are permitted in the Library but we ask that meals be consumed in Azariah's Cafe.
Please be considerate of others and refrain from eating smelly, greasy or noisy foods in other areas of the Library.
Drinks must be in covered containers.
Leave No Trace!
The Library depends upon patrons to exercise personal responsibility in keeping library resources, equipment and furnishing in good condition.
- Dispose of waste properly
- Pack it in, pack it out: carry out leftover food and non-disposable utensils or containers that you bring into the library.
- Place recyclables in blue recycling bins and garbage in trash cans.
- Report spills to library staff members
Exceptions to the Rule:
- Food is not permitted at any public service desk.
- Food and drink are not permitted on or around printers or microform equipment.
- Food and drink are not permitted in Special Collections or Archives.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
Why Leave No Trace?
- To create an environment of mutual respect and to promote learning.
- To preserve our library collections and protect our facility from pests and harmful molds.
- To help to ensure the health and safety of all library users and a long life for library collections, furnishings, and equipment.
- To promote recycling of appropriate food and drink packaging.
- To respect our hard-working custodial staff by taking responsibility for our personal behavior.
- To continue to direct library funds to purchasing library resources that support the curriculum, rather than to replacing materials, furnishings, and equipment damaged by food and drink.