Laptops, Calculators & Headphones
The Fine Print:
- We have a limited number of these items for loan.
- Don't depend on our supply for exams or other high-demand periods.
- They are NOT for overnight use.
- Laptops - 4 hours (we do not have extra power cords or ethernet cables to lend. Sorry!)
- Calculators - 5 hours
- Headphones - 5 hours
What is available right now? See our permanent reserve course listing.
- Oberlin students, faculty, and staff with a valid OCID card. Privileges may be denied to a borrower with excessive fines, or who has frequently violated library policies.
Time Limits & Availability
- Laptops may be checked out from the circulation desk from opening until 15 minutes before the library closes.
- None of these items may be reserved ahead of time.
- Library staff may deny renewals for any item in high demand.
Fines & Liability
Borrowers are expected to return equipment in good working order and on time. Report problems immediately to the circulation staff. Check before you leave the desk area to confirm that equipment is working. We will bill you for repair charges if the item is returned damaged.
- Laptops: $5 per hour
- Calculators, Headphones: $1 per hour
Additional fee for unauthorized overnight use
- Laptops: $20
- Calculators, Headphones: $5
Do not leave any equipment unattended - theft of an unsecured item takes just a few seconds.
Return equipment directly to the circulation desk. Do not put these items in a book drop, where serious damage could result.