Circulation Desk Student Assistant [application form]
- Eight job openings for Fall 2015. Apply by Friday, April 3
Science majors are especially encouraged to apply, and may be trained as reference desk assistants after one semester at the circulation desk. Must be willing to work one 10pm-12midnight shift weekly.
$8.30 per hour, 6-8 hrs/wk.
Please note - the 2nd page of the application asks for your class schedule. You may leave that section blank. We will ask for fall semester scheduling details if you are hired.
Questions? email email@example.com
- Assist library users at the circulation desk: check-in/out library materials; retrieve items for patrons from reserve and holdshelves, answer questions regarding reserve loan policies; enforce library policies
- Maintain library in good order: shelve materials, shelf-read and clean stacks, process new books and journals, dust and vacuum computer equipment and tables, keep current journals in order
- Provide basic reference and directional assistance: answer questions regarding access to online resources, OBIS, and other library databases; help users find items on the library shelves; direct patrons to standard sources; refer complex reference questions to science librarian or student reference assistant
- Miscellaneous duties: photocopier, scanner and printer troubleshooting; assist users in library computer classroom; make photocopies/scan materials for staff/interlibrary loan; retrieve books from stacks for OhioLINK and other users; other office duties as assigned
- A friendly, approachable, service-oriented attitude is essential, as is the ability to work well without direct supervision on evenings and weekends
- Must be dependable, with a clear sense of responsibility for fulfilling scheduled work assignments
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and pay close attention to details
- An Oberlin College Financial Aid job award is desired
Number of hours6-8 per week.
Starting WageFall 2015: $8.30 per hour
Deadline to Apply - Friday, April 3
Submit an application form (available online or at the circulation desk) to the Science Library circulation desk or mail to: Science Center Library, 119 Woodland St., Oberlin OH 44074.
Oberlin College Library actively seeks a diverse student staff.
OBERLIN COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER