East College was not as quick as South Main to rebuild after the 1882 fire. Here, Oberlin’s first skating rink was destroyed in the fire. Several other small buildings were here over the years; then in 1906 Mr. Rowland built this three story commercial structure.
The lower floors have been extensively altered over the years, but the third floor retains the two bull’s eye windows with keystone and date plaque.